Employer Annual Reconciliation starts!
It's time to submit your Employer Annual Reconciliation for the period 1 March 2013 to 28 February 2014. Read more.
Using e@syFile™ Employer – before submitting your reconciliation documents to SARS, make sure your Employer Admin information is up-to-date. Read more.
Employment Tax Incentive
The incentive will encourage private employers to employ young workers by providing a tax incentive to the employers. Read more.
Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) application outcome now immediate
Taxpayers will now receive an immediate response on whether applications for a TCC for tender purposes or good standing has been approved or declined. Read more.
Discontinuation of Debit Pull Transactions on eFiling
As of the end of October 2013 Debit Pull transactions are discontinued for ABSA, FNB, Investec, Nedbank and Standard Bank. For all other banks you will still be able to use the Debit Pull option until phased out. Read more.
SARS has developed a free software application linked to eFiling which allow employers to complete the declarations offline on the PC and then send these to SARS ... ...
SARS has developed a free software application linked to eFiling which allow Dividends Declarants and Regulated Intermediaries to submit dividend transaction data and complete declarations offline on the PC and then send these to SARS ...
How to upload supporting documents
- The file type may be .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .jpg and .gif
- The maximum allowable size per document may not exceed 2 MB and a maximum of 20 documents may be uploaded
- Upload failure can be caused in the following instances:
- Document with a file name containing special characters such as * # @! & > and others
- Documents with the same name in cases where more than one document is uploaded
- Password protected documents, that cannot be opened without a specific password
- Spreadsheets with multiple sheets; information should only be on one sheet
- Blank or empty documents.
Advance Tax Rulings payments
Applicants currently unable to make electronic payments for ATR, may make cheque payments. For details on ATR payments, please email
Important: Only Adobe Flash Player to
be used for Forms on SARS eFiling
In our quest to improve our service to taxpayers, SARS is phasing in the use of Adobe Flash Player as the only plug-in for your browser, to open the forms that are available on SARS eFiling. Read more ...
Beware of the latest SARS scams
Please remember, SARS will not request your banking details through email, sms or telephone. For the latest scams, click here...
SARS eFiling is a free, simple and secure way of interacting with SARS from the comfort of your home or office...
- 01-04-2014 - Start of Annual Employers Tax Season
- 30-05-2014 - End of Annual Employers Tax Season
- 01-07-2014 - Start of Tax Season for Individuals
- 01-09-2014 - Start of Interim Employers Tax Season
- 31-10-2014 - End of Interim Employers Tax Season
- 21-11-2014 - End of Tax Season for Individuals
The SARS eFiling site is secured using the highest forms of browser security by Verisign. SARS eFiling users simply need to check they are on the correct website address and look for the lock symbol on their browser...